Web Reports ODBC Driver missing?

I keep getting the following error when I try to access anything for Web Reports.

Web Reports Error

EventSentry was unable to connect to the database due to the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Here is my current connection string:
driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER-WEB1\MSSQLSERVER2008;Network=DBMSSOCN;database=EventSentry;uid=eventsentry_web;pwd=password;

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Hi Andy,

Which version of IIS are you running, and is this on a 32-bit or 64-bit machine?

The following KB article may help, but knowing more about your environment will help us provide more specific guidance:

http://www.eventsentry.com/kb/122

Thanks,
    Ingmar.
  • I'm running a 32bit server 2008 and I've taken a look at the link and tried creating a new application pool and made sure everything was 32bit but still get the same error message.
  • I actually tried just creating a new profile under profile manager and that seemed to fix the problem. The only issue I have now is if I enable Authentication I can't login to web reports using the username: eventsentry_web and the password I set. It just keeps saying invalid credentials. Is there another username and password for this that I some how missed?
  • Hi Andy,

Glad you got a step further. The eventsentry_web user is only used for the database login, you can't login to the web reports with that user. By default, when enabling authentication, EventSentry creates an Administrator account with a password you specify.

If you forgot the password and configured the SMTP settings correctly, then you should be able to reset the password at the login prompt.

If you are still having problems then please follow the instructions in this KB article:

http://www.eventsentry.com/kb/165

Please let me know if that does not resolve the issue.
  • Had to do full reset by removing the WebReportsUser.XML file and let it create a new one. After that I was able to setup a new password and everything appears to be running great now. Thank you for your quick response.
  • You're welcome. I'm glad you were able to get it resolved, thanks for letting us know.