Unable to login to web reports

I just upgraded EventSentry to 2.92 and now I can't connect to the web reports. I get the following error:

Attempt Failed. Error -2147217843
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

EventSentry is running on a Windows 2003 Server (32-bit). Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Ken,

Did you make changes to your SQL Server as well? There are a couple of things to check. First, you would need to make sure that your SQL Server accepts SQL Authentication, in addition to Windows Authentication.

If that is set correctly, then please review the database settings in the web reports, by navigating to OPTIONS - Profile Editor. There, please review the settings under "Database Connection"; you can also test the current settings there.

Let us know if that doesn't help.
  • Hi Ingmar,

Thanks for your suggestions. Turns out there was a problem with the settings for the database connection. I had to edit the ODBCDSN field in the WebReportsConfig.XML file. It originally had just the name of the ODBC System DSN I had created. I changed the field to:
    driver={SQL Server};server=server;Network=DBMSSOCN;database=eventsentry;uid=eventsentry_web;pwd=password;

and now my web reports work again.

Ken
  • Great, glad it works now. Thanks for posting the solution.