Heartbeat Agent Control Service fails with Error 1610: configuration data for this product corrupt

edited December 2013 in General
We have the newest Event Sentry (3.0.1 build 7) installed on Windows 2012 Server R2 64bit. It's a brand new install, database is configured to a remote database server.

I'm just just to setup some basic heartbeat monitoring. The Heartbeat Agent Control service is not able to start. I try to install it, give it a valid domain username/password which it accepts, then I try to start the service and it fails in a 60 second timeout. I then try to start the service from Windows Services, and I get the error:

Error 1610: The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

Alex

Comments

• Alex,

Can you temporarily set the service to use the LocalSystem account and see if it can start then?

If you configure a domain user, then you will have to make sure that this domain user has access to the EventSentry HB configuration which is located in this key:

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\netikus.net\EventSentry

• Gosh, silly me, it was a permissions problem. I didn't even think of that. It's starting now with the domain user. So silly of me. Thanks for the help!