Web Reports - pages allowed problem

I have created a user that will be used by a specific group to access web reports. On the Account manager page for the user account there are options to allow or block pages, reports and computers. When I try to modify the "Pages" section the "ARP History" is automatically being added to the blocked section even though I am selecting "Computer Dashboard". I can remove it and try again which sometimes works but then when I try to add another page the same thing happens. After 3 or 4 attempts to add the pages I want the ARP History is either added in the blocked or the allowed section (I never selected it) and I lose the ability to add or delete from either section. Then the only way to recover the access for that account is to delete it and recreate it.

Is netikus aware of this bug? is there a fix?

Version 3.0.1.86

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Ken,

Thank you for letting us know. We were able to reproduce this issue using Internet Explorer. In our tests we could not replicate the same behavior in Chrome or FireFox. While we work on resolving this issue it is possible to remove the erroneous block page in the users.xml file.

* Open the users.xml file (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\EventSentry\WebReports\conf\users.xml)
    * Locate the user account
    * Remove line <BlockedPages>61</BlockedPages>
    * Save file

An update will be available shortly that will resolve this issue.

I hope this helps.
  • Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. This has been resolved in EventSentry Web Reports 3.0.1.98 Build 15036 which is now available in the account area using the Web Reports only download.

https://store.netikus.net/account/downloads

Please let me know if we can be of further assistance.
  • Thank you very much! The attention that is paid to this product to keep it current and keep improving is spectacular.