Install full version after light version

Hi, in KB http://www.eventsentry.com/kb/5 you mention that it is recommended to uninstall the light version prior to installing the full version. What to do to keep (some) packages and actions? Can this be done by Export / Import? Or will the Remote update function import the settings from the remote agent into the Full version application?

Please help, because I would like to keep my created packages and actions to defeat ransom.

kind regards,
Erik

Comments

• Erik,

There are a couple of ways you can keep your configuration.

First, when you uninstall, EventSentry (Light) asks you whether you want to keep your configuration. If you select 'Yes', then the configuration will retain in the registry and a subsequent installation (of EventSentry or EventSentry Light) will retain the previous settings. The only downside is that you will not be able to select components when performing the new installation, e.g. you will not be able to install the built-in database.

Second, you can export your packages by selecting "Packages" and clicking "Export". Then, simply uninstall EventSentry Light without saving the configuration (you can export it just in case before you uninstall as well). Then simply perform a full installation of EventSentry.

You can then re-import the resulting .reg when the installation is complete.

Let us know if you have any issues please.
  • Ingmar,

Thanks for your reply. I solved it by documenting our setup and after reinstall just maually add the config (allways good to document and get more into the product by reconfig my config). This way I was sure to keep the full-edition default config. The "migration' went smooth.

Kind regards.
  • Glad it worked well, thanks for letting us know.